Wednesday, December 31, 2008

shiny new year

Hello, all! I've been sitting around on the sofa in my pajamas, watching a "Twilight Zone" marathon and savoring a cup of coffee while I contemplate the passing of yet another year. I love the last day of the year. Gives me a chance to reflect on who I am, who I've become, who I want to be.

Overall, 2008 wasn't the best for me. It's been a stressful year filled with money problems, job hunts, and sadly, the destruction of my beloved car. But when I think about the big picture, it definitely could have been much worse.

While 2008 was nowhere near as kickass as 2007, it did have some good points. I still have a job that I love... this year has been rough, but I'm blessed to be part of such a wonderful community. In May, I found out I have a new addition to my family - Kyle's son Gabriel - who later became my godson. I got a sofa... lol... might not seem like a big deal, but it's SO much better than the futon. My brother got engaged in September, and I was asked to be in two weddings next fall (Doug and Jill, Becky and John). I had an interview with a very prominent school district, and I'm officially on their "list," which means I can be hired if there's an opening. Fingers crossed. And of course, I had some fun nights out with my friends. And lots of fondue!

And it was a big year for world events... the Olympics, Phils winning the World Series, the election of Barack Obama... a historical time to be alive.

Anyway, I'm hoping for good things in 2009. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment