Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Attraversiamo!

Happy New Year to all!

Out with the old... I spent the last hours of 2007 in good company, eating good food, drinking good drinks, and smoking good cigars. There was lots of laughter and best of all, no drama. It was the perfect way to end an amazing year.

In with the new... I celebrated the beginning of 2008 into the wee hours o' the morning. I got very little sleep, but it was well worth it. And I spent all of New Year's Day camped out on the couch doing nothing important at all... uploading pics, watching bad TV, eating ramen, recovering from my hangover. It was great.

Even though last year was awesome, it had to end sometime. In the words of Elizabeth Gilbert... Attraversiamo! Let's cross over.

Last year I posted a New Year's missive bitching about resolutions. This year I went ahead and made some. Go figure. There are only five of them, and I think they are good ones.

1. Read 40 quality books this year.

2. Make serious effort to find another job.

3. Keep track of expenses. This involves making a spreadsheet listing the bills I pay each month and writing down everything I purchase.

4. Cut the clutter. Teachers are notorious pack-rats, and I'm guilty. I always save things that "I might use someday." So it's my resolution to keep only what I need and get rid of whatever is weighing me down. That might apply to people as well as things. We'll see. Simplify, simplify...

5. Keep doing what I'm doing. Last year was a year of self-discovery, adventure, accomplishment and socialization. I've started to shed some of my insecurites and look at myself in a more positive light. I want to continue doing that as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment