Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Here it goes again.

Another friend is engaged. This time it's one of my oldest friends. We met when we were three years old. So I've known her practically my whole life. We went to nursery school, grade school and high school together... and we were roommates in college. I'm happy for her. But she's been dating this guy for two years and I've only met him twice, so I really don't know him. Anyway, now they're engaged.

I found out about the engagement while I was in Avalon at a reading conference with my co-workers (and teachers from other Catholic schools in the area). I was telling my co-workers about it, and talk inevitably shifted to me. Three of my work friends started discussing my love life (or lack, thereof). Apparently, the consensus among those friends is that I'm quite a catch. That made me laugh, because it's not the first time I've heard it. It seems that all my female friends think I'm awesome. Whenever they discuss guys and dating with me, they always tell me that any guy would be lucky to have me... that I'm smart and funny and caring and creative and fun. Am I? I guess. To some extent, at least. And while it's nice to hear the compliments, I'm just tired of it always coming from girls.

You know, I had a whole rant planned when I started writing this blog, but now I just don't feel like getting into it. I'm sick of talking about it and I'm sure you're sick of reading it. It's just that the news of the engagement brought it all to the surface, so it's fresh in my mind. I'm gonna read for a little bit and then go to bed and (hopefully) be less bitter in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment