Sunday, June 8, 2008

I’m melting...

Is it just me, or does anyone else HATE the weather right now? It's so disgustingly muggy and humid. Ugh. Bring back spring.

I spent my weekend doing a variety of random things... but had more fun than I expected to have. On Friday night, I chaperoned our 8th grade graduation dance. Afterwards, I got the urge to go out. It was a hot night, and a cold beer sounded perfect. So I cranked up my dance music on the drive home and started texting people. Joe wound up coming over around 11:30 to hang out. I had no idea what we would end up doing (last time he came over, we were up til 3:30 drinking and watching "The Producers" on On Demand, lol)... but we had a very amusing evening/early morning excursion that included Pabst Blue Ribbon, 40s of Olde E and Colt 45, old school gangsta rap (Coolio, Snoop Dogg, Ice T, Kris Kross, Bell Biv Devoe, Sugar Hill Gang...), a trip to Joe's secret underground lair (filled with union workers and their chicks, lol), followed by a drive up and down Torresdale Avenue at 4 AM playing several rounds of a game called, "Guess the Hooker." Good times, lol. I couldn't have planned it if I tried, but it was quite entertaining.

On Saturday morning, I was rudely awakened by my landlord working in the apartment upstairs. It was about 9 AM and I didn't get in til around 5:30 AM... so you can imagine how thrilled I was to be awake. Ugh. At any rate, my landlord stopped down later to replace my window (which only opened from the top). He put in a new window AND an air conditioner! So now I can sleep comfortably this summer!!!

Then I headed to my parents' house to help them give my dog a bath. It's a three person job, trust me. By the time we were finished, I was a sweaty mess... and covered in black dog hair. But Tasha looked fabulous!

Today was our 8th grade graduation. I put on a yellow polo shirt and white skirt with sandals in the hopes of staying relatively cool... but to no avail. There's no a/c in church. Just fans. And they didn't do much to keep us comfortable. After the ceremony, my friend Silvia and I decided to grab lunch. We thought about heading to Freddy & Tony's for some good Puerto Rican food, but then decided on a local bar & grill. I had my heart set on a Corona, but then we found out the cook wasn't there yet (wtf??), so we left. In the end we wound up buying some pinchos from two women who had a tent set up on the corner. We ate them in the car while we chatted. Classy lunch, huh?

Tomorrow my kids have the day off, and I get the whole day to work in my classroom. Usually that's a good thing, but it's supposed to be 99 degrees tomorrow. Two fans and six windows won't be enough to cool off that room. Joy. But on the plus side, there are only 5 days of work left until summer vacation! Yay! Then I can find a summer job and work on my time off! Yay! (That second "yay" was pure sarcasm, you know...)

Okay, friends. Off to bed in my cool, air conditioned room. Later, gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment