Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out with the old.

There are only about 12 hours left in 2009. I'm not entirely sad to see it go. I guess it wasn't the worst year I've ever had... certainly wasn't the best either. But overall, I can't complain. I got a new job, moved to a new apartment, rekindled some old friendships. My brother got married, so I have a new sister-in-law. Nothing truly spectacular happened to me. Then again, nothing awful happened either.

Right now I'm relaxing with a cup of coffee before I get ready to go out for the night. I've been trying to think of something deep and profound to write, but I'm blank. Lol. Last day of the year and I've got nothin'. Although, I have been giving a lot of thought to New Year's resolutions. I always say I'm not going to make them, and then at the last minute, I feel compelled to do it anyway. I think it's something about the "clean slate" feeling of a new year. Like opening a brand new journal for the first time and seeing all those blank, white pages just waiting to be written on. So for now, I have a list of resolutions in my head. I think I might put them in writing, but not yet. Perhaps tomorrow.

Goodbye, 2009. It's been a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment