Friday, January 1, 2010

New year, new goals.

Happy New Year! I can't believe it's 2010.

I spent last night with some good friends. We drank beer, ate fondue, and lit a fire in the fireplace. We rang in the new year in our jammies, toasting with sparkling cider. By 1:30 AM, my friends were in bed and I was dozing off on their sofa... a far cry from the drunken New Year's Eves of my past. But it was nice to skip the expensive, crowded bar scene. I'm just not that interested in it anymore.

Before we made the fondue, Erin and I each wrote our own list of New Year's resolutions and then read them to each other (and to Mike, who opted not to make a list). I'm pretty happy with my list. Not sure how many of the resolutions will make it past the first month, but I'm going to make an effort.

Here's what I came up with for this year:

1. Go to church on a regular basis.
2. Money management (set up automatic bill payment, put some money into separate savings account, put money into 401K)
3. Get back to writing, in any form (blogs, poetry, journal).
4. Make effort to improve and maintain social life (including keeping in touch with friends who are NOT on Facebook).
5. Make better food choices.
6. Simplify and declutter.
7. Read books I already have before buying new ones.
8. Walk more.

In the coming weeks, I hope to be back on here (see resolution #3, lol) to elaborate on some of these and to update the blogging world at large about my progress (or lack, thereof).

And so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment