Friday, January 20, 2006

random bits o'goodness from a teacher on break

~ I was driving to work today and I was jonesin' for a decent breakfast. I eat breakfast either in the car or at work. Breakfast is usually oatmeal (low fat, low sugar, low taste!) or an Egg Beater sandwich that I make the night before and microwave in the faculty room. Today I drove past an IHOP (two IHOPs, actually), and I wanted a Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity in the WORST possible way.

~ I miss Up Fall and In Theory. Finish your damn demos and book a show, already!

~ I feel icky. I'm hoarse, I have a scratchy throat, and I'm congested. I thought it was allergies, but now I think it's pre-cold symptoms. I've also got a tiny headache, but I think it's more from the kids than from the cold.

~ I have plans for tonight to go out somewhere in the city with my friend Heather. I want to bail. I want to curl up in my pajamas and fall asleep in front of the TV. But I haven't seen Heather since September, and she's driving out from Lancaster to hang out. I'll have to suck it up, I guess.

~ A half hour break goes by way too fast. Especially on a Friday, when it's your only break. Is it 3 o'clock yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment