Saturday, January 28, 2006

Join the club

In an attempt to better myself and broaden my horizons, I have become a member of a book club and a movie club.

Joining a book club is something I've wanted to do for awhile, so I'm glad the opportunity presented itself. The book club's last pick was "Memoirs of a Geisha." Easy read, interesting story = enjoyable book. I'm looking forward to reading the next one. I just have to go get it... and then find the time to read it.

The movie club isn't so much a club - it's just me & Doug watching movies. Doug has compiled a list of movies that he thinks I need to see. (Apparently, I haven't seen enough good movies.) "Rushmore" was the first on his list, so we watched that tonight. I liked it. It was quirky and funny. Good stuff.

So now I'm on the road to becoming well-read (more so than I already am, that is) and ... what do you call someone who's seen a lot of good movies? Well anyway, I'll get to see good movies. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment