Saturday, December 30, 2006

Girls' Night Out

At Sam's annual holiday party on Thursday night, we collectively decided that we needed to go dancing. Spontaneous planning ensued, resulting in last night's excursion to The Road House Inn in Bensalem. And yes, it's just as dive-y as it sounds. But it had all the makings of a fun evening - no cover, awesome music, cheap drinks, an oddly-positioned vent that tousled our hair about (thus creating the effect of a bad 80s music video). There were seven of us in attendance (at first, anyway), and we all looked hot. (Then again... when don't we?) We drank and danced and danced and drank... and then danced some more. Karen has posted the evening's highlights on her blog, and I'll list my own here:

* The seven of us split a chocolate candy cane martini... which tastes just as spectacular as it sounds. I'm going to search the Internet high and low to find a similiar recipe so I can make my own at home.
* The DJ stopped the music to announce the death of Saddam Hussein. The crowd erupted in cheers and toasts. Then the music resumed and Saddam was forgotten.
* I'm not much for drunk dialing, but drunk texting on the other hand... Yeah, I'm guilty of that big time.
* After several drunk texts from me, Joe showed up sometime around 1 AM, with hat firmly planted on his head. He wasted no time getting his dance on.
* And while we're on the subject... Sam danced!!! Yay!!!
* Inara and Steph sported eerily similar outfits and then swore that it wasn't planned.
* Lots of beverage-related paraphernalia wound up in cleavage. For reasons unbeknownst to me, Kim decided to stick her bottle of Smirnoff Ice in my cleavage. Later, ice cubes were dropped (or thrown) down shirts.

All in all... it was a kickass good time. We must do it again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment