Sunday, February 25, 2007

all night long (all night)

Last night was my long-awaited graduation party. It was a very fast four hours, but here are the important notes:

The music was awesome. The DJ played a ton of good dance tunes (including several line dances... whooooo!!!) and UpFall sounded amazing! Everyone kept telling me how good they were. And the new tunes were a pleasant surprise, especially the Hall and Oates. Way to rock the falsetto, PJ!

The food was extremely tasty. I didn't eat much... just three meatballs and some ziti, and that's only because James threatened to force feed me if I didn't stop worrying about the party. And the eclairs were divine. Mmmm... I wish I had another one right now.

It was so much fun to see everyone in their party clothes! Erin had on a retro print dress (very fetch!)... MK turned out in a flashy pink number... Melissa deviated from her traditional purple attire and opted for turquoise... and I got so many compliments on the shiny red shirt that Sam and Erin made me buy (thanks again, guys!).

I got to see all the people I love in one night! My friends (from the neighborhood, grade school, high school, all three colleges, former jobs, and everywhere in between), my co-workers (who turned out to be quite the party animals!), and my family. Having all those people there to help me celebrate really was the highlight of the evening for me.

And the party didn't stop when our time was up at the hall. A group of us headed to Out of Wack Jack's for more drinking and dancing. We started out as quite a large group: me, Erin, Mike, Sam, MK, Karen, Heather, Heather, Joe, Silvia, Scott and Becky. But little by little, people started heading home. After the bar closed, me. Heather, Becky and Joe moved the party to the Dining Car where I enjoyed French toast and hot cocoa... you know, to soak up all the vodka tonics I had been drinking earlier that night. (Thanks again for the food, Joe!)

When I finally got home (at 3:30 AM), I realized that my house keys were... in the house. Sigh. So I had to call my parents and wake them up to let me in. I checked my email, fell asleep around 4 AM and woke up at 10 AM with NO HANGOVER. Thanks to the French toast, no doubt.

Today, Erin and Mike brought Leo over for a playdate with Tasha. They weren't so much interested in playing, so we ate yummy leftovers from last night and rehashed key events from the party while the dogs ignored each other. By the way, there's a delightful new picture of the dogs (and owners!) in my pics. After they left, I uploaded pics from the party and then took a nap on the couch.

And that's pretty much that. Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate with me last night! I had the BEST time!

No comments:

Post a Comment