Saturday, March 10, 2007

if you've got a weak stomach, skip this one...

When I went to bed last night, my stomach was feeling a little queasy, but I didn't think anything of it. An hour later, I was throwing up in the bathroom. Good Lord. I haven't thrown up in almost 7 years (no lie). I went back to bed, but I couldn't lie down because it made me nauseous. So I was sitting up in bed, lying back against pillows. I slept on and off, but not comfortably. Initially, I was freezing... so I put on my flannel pajamas (pants and a button down shirt) with a long sleeve t-shirt underneath. I also had on a pair of socks and over those, a pair of knit bootie slippers that Melissa got me for Christmas. Plus a comforter and a blanket. And I was still cold. Then sometime in the middle of the night, I woke up dizzy and sweating. It felt like I was being smothered. I peeled off the flannel shirt and the booties and then the socks and then I started to feel cooler. I fell asleep like that, on top of my covers and woke up an hour later freezing again. Sheesh. I put my socks back on and fell back asleep... then woke up at 6 AM and threw up again.

So now I'm sitting downstairs watching "The Soup" (thank God for Joel McHale... even though it hurts to laugh), sipping flat ginger ale and eating stale graham crackers. And praying that everything will stay down.

I HATE being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment