Saturday, March 3, 2007

tick... tick... tick...

Today I went to Babies 'R' Us to shop for baby shower gifts. I think I've been there once in my life, but I had forgotten how dangerous that place is. Even though I was armed with registry papers, I wanted to buy EVERYTHING in the store. Every pacifer, every onesie, every soft and cuddly stuffed friend, every bedtime board book. It was all SO DAMN CUTE.

And that's not the worst part. There were pregnant mommies-to-be strolling the store making their registry choices with scanners. And there were mommies with itty-bitty babies in strollers and carriers.

One trip to that store was all it took. I want to be one of those mommies. I want an itty-bitty baby in a cute little onesie with a cuddly stuffed toy. I need a husband first, of course. (At least the way I want to do it.)

Sigh. I don't feel like waiting. I hate waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment