Friday, March 30, 2007

Like the wolf.

Ever have one of those days where you eat strange combinations of food, and nothing seems to fill you?

Yeah. Today was one of those days.

Normally I eat on a very rigid schedule. Breakfast at 7:30-ish, small snack at 10, lunch at noon. Then I get home and eat dinner at around 6. And that's it for the day. I'm very fond of my schedule, and I get cranky when I don't follow it. It upsets my delicate constitution.

Today started out fairly normal. I had oatmeal for breakfast (low sugar apple cinnamon). For snack, half of a soft pretzel - gotta love the Catholic school recess! Lunch was a Weight Watchers pizza (no meat today... it's Friday...) with a sugar-free Jello.

When I got home from work, I was starving. I was also exhausted. The kids were crazy-loco this week, and I had a particularly rough afternoon with one of them involving projectile pencils and numerous pieces of furniture kicked around the room. But anyway. I wanted to eat dinner before I went out tonight, but I also wanted to squeeze in a nap. The nap won. I slept for an hour and then went downstairs to find something to eat. I reheated some leftover risotto (yum), followed by a flour tortilla with melted cheese (what I refer to as a "Mexican grilled cheese").

At that point, it was time for me to head to Holy Family. The honors society was having its induction tonight... a FRIDAY night... and I had already promised my friends that I would go. After we sat through a corny 10 minute ceremony and got our pins, we headed downstairs for refreshments. I had a cup of lemonade, one cookie and a piece of pineapple.

When I got home, I found a movie on TCM ("To Sir With Love") and settled in to watch. About halfway through, I realized that I still hadn't eaten a REAL dinner, but it was already after 9 and I didn't feel like cooking. I grabbed some saltines, peanut butter and jelly and had myself a little snack.

And now it's midnight and I want real food. Like a cheeseburger or spaghetti or something. But I'm tired and I think I'm just going to go to bed.

Just some stuff you didn't really need to know about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment