Sunday, April 8, 2007

KIT

I'm in the process of cleaning out my closets looking for stuff to sell at a flea market. (Teachers are pack-rats... deciding what to get rid of has been a painful process...) I came across my old yearbooks and in an act of supreme procrastination, I decided to flip through them. But it wasn't the pictures that held my attention. It was the heartfelt messages left by friends and classmates. Here are a few gems for your entertainment...

5th Grade

Good luck in the future. K.R. (Clearly 5th grade was quite the turning point in our lives. I'm not sure which future she was referring to, since we still had 3 more years of school together.)

I hope we play this hot summer. See you in 6th grade! R.R. (I still speak to this person. And she still writes ridiculous things on my birthday/Christmas cards. Go figure.)

6th Grade

Have a fun summer! (Ha, ha, ha!) Yours truly, C.K. (Apparently the thought of me enjoying my summer was quite amusing to him.)

Have a wierd summer you dunce. R.C. (I still speak to this person as well. And if he called me a dunce now, I'd hit him over the head with a chair, I would. Did you spot the misspelled word?)

Have a great summer. Your a terrific pal or friend. Keep in touch. B.K. (I'm glad she defined "pal" for me. I'd hate to spend my summer at the library looking that up. While I was there, I might have also checked the spelling of the word "you're"...)

Surf's up dude! Have a great summer! B.W. (Yeah. No comment.)

7th Grade

Your sprung from jail for 3 1/2 months. Have a good time! M.P. (Another heinous misspelling of the word "you're"!!!)

Party on! Bag me lots of sun and have lots of fun! Your bestest friend, K.C. (Interesting... I had to look this person up. I had no idea who she was.)

Hope you have fun all summer long! B.M. (Not just one or two days, mind you. The WHOLE summer.)

You're my bestest friend and if I ever see you with Jordan I'll kick you're butt. Love, C.H. (I do know who this bestest friend was. And the Jordan she's referring to is none other than Jordan Knight. Of NKOTB fame. We were so lame. Did you find the misspelled "your" in this message??)

Hi! T.J. (He has quite a way with words...)

8th Grade (This is where it gets really profound.)

Yo Age, have an awsom summer. Were your bobo jeans. Yours truly, L.L. (I don't know how I was friends with a person who would write something like this.)

Age, I hope you fall off a building and die. (Joke!) PS – Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! PPS – Good luck in Ryan - a happy note! C.W. (This boy used to stick a plunger on his bare chest for fun.)

Age, it's been a blast knowing you for the past 8 years. Just remember, LIFE IS FOAM. C.K. (I have no idea what it means. But I'm sure it was important at the time.)

Have a great summer! Even though we don't talk much, I think your a great person! Good luck in Ryan! Love ya! T.R. (Like, ohmygod! She totally speaks in exclamation marks! And she thinks I'm great! Based on absolutely nothing! I'm so honored that I'll ignore the misspelled "you're"!!!)

(Side note: What totally kills me is that a whole bunch of people that never talked to me wrote their phone numbers in my yearbook. Like after 8 years of not being friends, they wanted to start hanging out over the summer.)

9th Grade (The high school years! Careful… you might recognize your initials here!)

My handwriting sucks. Have a good summer. Party on. G.W.

Yo Gomer! What's up? See ya next year. K.K.

10th Grade

Moshi moshi. Don't staple your lungs together. PS – Did you have time for your yeast infection yet? E.M.

I failed my Spanish exam. I'm going to kill somebody. Anyway, have a great summer and see you next year (if I make it). R.R.

Good luck as a junior. Hope to see you and the rest of the escapees over the summer! Good luck with Dr. Fritz. PS – Stop hogging the cheese danishes. T.G.

It was nice having you in all my classes (except gym) so I can get my homework. Next year the committee can try to figure out what Greg is. B.M.

11th Grade

I must admit that thanks to you this has been a very interesting year. Next play we can resume our guy watching (especially Rick's manly buttocks!) M.S. (I don't remember anyone in high school having "manly buttocks"…)

Have a nice summer. Don't spontaneously combust or anything. Lab was fun! Keep in touch (not literally). L.P.

I hope I don't see you this summer. I'm rather sick of you. I hope you have an icky summer. E.M.

Have a really crappy and shit-like summer. (Oh hi, Mrs. Adrienne's mom.) I dispise you 4-ever. G.W. (I had some great friends that year )

I'm gonna spare you my senior year. The senior year entries are more like novels than messages. People tend to get all mushy when you're graduating.

I don't remember anything I wrote in anyone else's yearbook... I just hope my messages didn't sound as dopey as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment