Saturday, February 4, 2006

Stuff about things

It's one of those days when you just wanna stay in your pajamas and curl up on the couch with a warm blanket and a book and not do anything. I worked my ass off all week, and I decided I was entitled to such a day. With the exception of eating meals and doing laundry, I've done naught but read and flip idly through magazines and catalogs. It's bliss.

I had plans for tonight. A friend called me last week, wanted to hang out this weekend. We planned on dinner and shopping. She called me early this morning to bail. Damnit. I thought about trying to rustle up some back-up plans, but seeing as how it's already 5 PM on a Saturday, I'm assuming that most people have previous engagements lined up. Plus it's raining. (I don't know why that factors in, but it does.)

So, tomorrow's the big game, eh? Yeah. I'm not really into the whole football thing. I don't know who's playing, or where the game is, or what time it starts. My friend's birthday is tomorrow, and she invited me over to hang out. I don't know if we'll be watching the game (I'm going to assume that her husband is, though), but there will most likely be game-related snackie foods, such as chips, dip and pizza. That sounds promising. Oooh! Flyers are on right now! Yay! So, anyway, I never really understood football (and don't leave comments explaining the game... I don't need to understand it) or the hype behind it. And I'm not a fan of commercials. So tomorrow is just Sunday for me. Incidentally, Superbowl Sunday is the day when the most cases of domestic abuse are reported in the United States. Just something to think about.

Hey, have you checked out UpFall's myspace page yet? I'm too lazy to find a link and post it in here, but they're in my Top 8 on the Friend's List. They added some new songs, including a new recording of "Trio," my personal favorite. Go give them a listen, and then give those boys some business! Have a party, book a band! And then invite me, so I can hear them play again. I'll bring a case of something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment