Sunday, March 5, 2006

out of hiding

I know, I've been MIA lately. People have called me and I haven't called back. They've emailed me, I haven't written back. They've banged down my door... okay, not really. So, my apologies if I owe you a phone call, an email, an anniversary card (sorry, Melissa!), or any other form of communication. I'll get to everyone eventually.

Last week was a little bit crazy. On Sunday, I was at the library (my usual routine) with my research partner to work on one of the two research papers that are due at the end of March. I spent the rest of Sunday and Monday studying for the midterm that I had on Tuesday (I got 2 multiple choice wrong that I know about, but I think I kicked ass on the essays). Tuesday and Wednesday I finished up a presentation that I gave on Thursday night. Throughout the week, I did Dr. Seuss themed activities with my first graders, to celebrate his birthday (March 2nd). On Friday I stayed at work until 5 to make copies, organize some things, grade papers, and straighten my room a bit. Then I went home and collapsed on the couch. I was pretty much useless for the rest of the night.

No research at the library today... woo-hoo! And this week is Spring Break, so I don't have class again until next Tuesday. I've been on the computer all morning trying to figure out which classes I still need to take. Registration is in a week. I'm going to register for one Summer I class, two Summer II classes, and my Seminar/Clinic in the Fall, which is the field experience required to graduate. Two of the classes I need to take are electives, so I'm looking for something that'll be interesting, but not too much work. We'll see.

By the way... VH1 has a new show called "I Love Toys" (in the manner of "I Love the 80s"). It's all of the toys I used to play with when I was a kid. They just did a segment on My Little Pony and they showed some old commercials. I almost cried. All of my ponies went to a flea market somewhere, along with my Rainbow Brite dolls and Sweet Valley High books. Sigh.

I was out last night (game night at Sam's, followed by a stop at the Hulmeville Inn w/Erin to hang with our brothers) so I didn't get to bed until after 3:30 AM. I was up early (out of habit, I guess), but now I'm starting to get tired again. I might curl up and take a cat nap, before I work on my lesson plans for the week. That's what Sundays are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment