Monday, July 24, 2006

the weekend update

Crazy weekend. I'm kinda glad it's over, cuz now I can get a good night's sleep. I was up past 4 AM two nights this weekend.

Anyway, Sam's birthday party was Saturday night. Before the party, I told Erin I wasn't going to get drunk. I threw that plan out the window shortly after arriving at Great American. Started with two beers there, continued with many more cans of Miller Lite at Sam's house (at one point, I even started double fisting cans... yikes!). And, if I remember correctly, several shots of vodka. But it was a damn good time. From what I can recall.

Seriously, I do remember pretty much all of the party. I handle my liquor well. Some drunk people get obnoxious, some puke, some fight, some pass out... not me. I get loud(er), sing more, talk more, flirt a LOT more (ahem), and apparently, I call everyone bitch. I didn't notice that until Karen pointed it out. Bitch.

The weather was kinda shitty for awhile, but then it cleared up enough for us to swim. Yay! Much fun was had in the pool and I do believe some beer was spilled there as well. Sam's pool floats are gonna get tipsy... lol...

My camera proved to be a great source of fun for all. I took a few harmless pics to start with. And then we got ideas for a few posed pics. And then it got ugly. When I looked at my pics last night, there were about 20 that I didn't take. They're quite interesting and they're all up on Snapfish. (If you wanna see them, email me for the link.)

The night was not without it's casualties, though. As Erin was handing out cake (mmmm... yummy cake with chocolate icing...), a beer bottle fell off the table and shattered. Soon after, I stepped on a piece of glass and cut my foot. Sam and her first aid kit came to the rescue, and I was back in the pool in no time. Later, when I was changing out of my bathing suit in Sam's teeny, tiny bathroom, I dropped my shirt. I bent to pick it up, and smacked my head on the doorknob on my way back up. Hurt like a bitch... and yesterday morning, I couldn't figure out why my head was so sore. Oh... and this one's embarrassing... I scraped my finger trying to open a bottle of Yuengling. I have no skillz.

I didn't get home until around 4 AM (thanks again for the ride, Panama Joe!), after an eventful drive through a maze-like development in Bensalem. Fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillow and woke up with a hangover, of course. Good times, indeed.

And now I can't WAIT until my party in August!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment