Monday, July 31, 2006

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy...

... sunburn on my chest does NOT.

I spent my weekend in New York - on Fire Island, to be specific. My roommate from college (the one who got married in November) turned 30 this year, so she had a big party to celebrate. Her family has a summer house on FI, and I usually go out every summer to visit. When I got out there Friday night (after a 4 hour drive and a 45 minute ferry ride), it was raining. But Saturday... a totally different story. The weather was PERFECT. If you looked up "perfect beach day" in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of Saturday. Despite the gorgeous weather, I got major sunburn. I'm bright red in certain spots, nicely tanned in others. Even after the burn fades, I'm gonna have some wicked tan lines. Damnit. And of course, I'd packed a tank top for the party that night. I was a lobster in a tank top. Uber attractive. But it's okay. I got drunk enough to forget about it. Several vodka tonics and half a dozen kamikaze shots took care of that. And the beauty of the island - no hangover! I don't know if it's something in the air, or what... but it's fabulous.

In other news... SUMMER CAMP IS OVER! Woo-hoo!!! I still have class (2 mornings and 2 nights a week), but I have a lot more free time now. I can do laundry, wash my car, read, go in the pool, go shopping... it's glorious. Oh... and of course my party is coming soon! If you know me, you know how much I adore party planning. There's no theme this year (damn you, Doug!), so I can't go shopping for decorations or look up fun thematic recipes online. But I'll figure something out.

Soon I'll be back in my classroom setting up for the new school year, so I gotta cram as much fun into the next few weeks as I can. Anyone interested in contributing some fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment