Sunday, October 15, 2006

party time... excellent!

Wow. What a weekend... It was just party, party, party all weekend. Well, make that party, party. Today was Relaxation Day.

The festivities began on Friday night with dinner at Bennigan's to celebrate Rich's birthday. A yummy dinner was had by all (I got the steak & chicken fajitas) and Rich got to sing along to the Bennigan's Birthday Song. Hey, it makes him happy.

After dinner, we met up with a bunch of other people at Out of Wack Jack's (aka: Kenny's, which is the only name I knew it by until recently). Despite a "No Smoking" sign posted on the door, the place was FILLED with cigarette smoke. *cough, cough* I managed to ignore the haze of smoke long enough to drink and dance and chat with everyone. When I woke up yesterday morning, however, I felt like complete shit. My head was pounding, my throat was scratchy, I was hoarse and nauseous. Ugh. I was congested for hours. Luckily, it wore off in time for my party.

Yes, that's right - party number two! Saturday night I had a bunch of people over to celebrate my birthday. Nothing fancy, just some low-key hanging out with some booze and snacks thrown in for good measure. I had a blast. And people brought alcohol! I got 4 bottles of vodka (apple, grape, and 2 vanilla), a bottle of pineapple rum, 3 bottles of wine, a jug of wine, and a bottle of apple schnapps. Rock on.

The party went to a whole new level when the games started. There's just something about combining alcohol with board games. Hoo, boy! We started with Taboo, where Team Nuge made quite a victorious comeback. Then a few of us played Scene It, the Friends edition. Later, after some of the other guests cleared out, a group of us played Adult Mad Libs (a very kickass present from Melissa). As with any edition of Mad Libs, our objective is to think of as many raunchy words as possible. And with three teachers in the game, quite a few grammar lessons were provided as well, free of charge!

And this was followed by a rousing game of I Never. I'm not naming names (ahem), but some people drank a hell of a lot more than others. You know who you are. The last guest left somewhere around 4:30 in the AM. And I went to bed and promptly passed out. Sleep, glorious sleep. I woke up at 9:30, somehow wide awake and I've been up ever since. It'll catch up with me soon.

Anyway, it was a great weekend. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. Thanks to everyone who came over to celebrate with me last night... you guys rock my socks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment