Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Day

The Lows

~I had two near-breakdowns today (one in the morning while I was rushing around getting ready for work, and one about 20 minutes ago). I'm not a crier and I almost cried twice today. I haven't been this stressed and overwhelmed since... wow, probably since my first year of teaching.

~One of my students had his own breakdown. He's on meds for something... maybe anger management or oppositional defiance disorder (I feel like I should know this, but I don't. Bad teacher.) and he has these "episodes" at least once a week. Today's tantrum was actually his second one this week, and I was just NOT in the mood to deal with him.

~The button cufflinks on my brand new shirt fell off today. Shoddy workmanship. I had to MacGyver it by using the thread that was still attached to hold the buttons together. Surprisingly it held for the rest of the day.

~I looked at my calendar and saw the obscene number of projects that are due for my class in the next few weeks. Will December never come???

The Highs

~I got a 98 on my last clinic observation (for grad school). Two down, one to go!

~I got my grade changed on a major project... went from a 95 to 100! (My supervisor made a mistake and I called her on it. I'm a bitch like that.)

~People kept complimenting me on my hair. (Thanks, Nat! It's been a week and I'm still lovin' it!)

~The Flyers won!

~Tomorrow is Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment