Thursday, May 3, 2007

the time of my life

Last night Heather and I went to see "Dirty Dancing" on the BIG SCREEN. It's the 20th anniversary of the movie. That makes me feel incredibly old, since I remember the original release, though I was too young to go see it. And I remember how popular those damn cuffed jean shorts were - they were that summer's must-have fashion accessory.

The theater was filled with women. I don't think I saw any men in there at all. And the crowd was really into the show, which made it more fun to watch. Sure I could've watched it at home for free, but then I wouldn't have had the experience of people whispering the lines along with the movie, singing the songs, laughing at the inppropriate moments, and best of all, cheering wildly when Johnny took Baby out of the corner.

God, I love that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment