Sunday, May 27, 2007

suck it!

So I hear I had a party last night... Seriously, I do remember all of it, despite my intoxicated state. In my younger days (ahem), I used to stick to either all beer or all vodka drinks when I went out. Apparently I mix my liquor now, which is NOT a good thing. At Bride-zilla's wedding last month, I drank vodka most of the night, then added wine and champagne, then some kamikaze shots later. At the Cinco de Mayo party, I started with beer and then moved on to tequila shots. Last night, I started with beer, then did some apple pie shots. Then I had about three shots of rum (why???) with lime and sugar (some of that sugar wound up getting poured on my neck/chest... and it was licked off of me by various people ). Then if I recall correctly, I had a shot of grape vodka mixed with kiwi-strawberry Juicy Juice... tasted like Dimetapp. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I am TOO OLD to party like this! It seems like every week there's another party (or, in some cases, a random night at Karen's apartment... lol...) that involves alcohol and coming home at 4 AM. Too old, I say!

Anyway. So last night was fun. Seems like the dominant themes of the party were cigars and whipped cream. Sam brought fruit with whipped cream for dessert, and she also brought the makings for apple pie shots (which includes a can of Reddi-Whip). There will be many new myspace pics with people smoking cigars (with a snifter of brandy in hand) or people sucking down Reddi-Whip. Good times. For those of you not in the know, an apple pie shot consists of several steps: lick your hand, sprinkle cinnamon on it, then lick the cinnamon, do a shot of vodka, do a shot of apple juice and then squirt Reddi-Whip into your mouth. It tastes exactly like apple pie.

Games were another highlight of the evening. Interesting fact: I am really good at Cranium when I'm bombed. I somehow managed to do two clues well enough for my team to guess them. (And they weren't the easy clues, either.) After Cranium, we played the most chaste game of Spin the Bottle I've ever seen. I tried to institute the "use tongue the second time" rule (a la "Friends"), but it didn't quite catch on.

Another interesting fact: I am almost 30 years old, and last night was the first time I've ever played Spin the Bottle. True story. Sad, but true.

Went to bed at 5 AM, woke up at 8 AM. Not hungover... still drunk. UGH. I walked the dog, washed the huge mountain of dishes that were left from last night, emptied the trash and the recycling bin, and then took a shower. I decided I wanted to spend my day bumming around on the sofa watching "Will and Grace" and sucking down water. However, I don't own "Will and Grace" on DVD, and it wasn't on TV. So I drove to Circuit City and picked up seasons one and two. Then I went to Michael's and spent about $75 on scrapbooking supplies. (Did you know Martha has her own line of craft supplies now???) And then I got a chicken sandwich from Wendy's, which was the first thing I've put in my mouth since the hamburger the night before (more or less).

Okay. Time to go lay around and do nothing. Thanks to everyone who brought food/alcohol/mad grilling skillz/games to the party last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment