Thursday, May 17, 2007

What I Did On My Day Off

Well, folks... I had off today. I'd like to say I took full advantage of my day off and did all manner of fun things. But sadly, that is not the case.

I slept until 10:30, which was fabulous. I rarely get to sleep in past 8, even on weekends, so that was quite a treat. The only downside is that I usually take my Claritin at 6:30 AM, and it wears off after 24 hours. So you do the math. I woke up with some allergy problems, but once I got the drugs in me, it was all good. God bless Claritin.

I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast while reading a book, two things I don't get to do during the week. Usually breakfast is dry cereal in the car or oatmeal at work. And reading? If I'm lucky, I might get a chapter in before I fall asleep at night. Tonight I managed to read several chapters... actually finished the book.

Then I picked my car up from the mechanic (it was getting inspected). Once I got it home, I gave it a thorough washing, inside and out. Doug will be getting the car in about a week, so I made sure it's in perfect condition (or as close to it as possible).
I did several loads of laundry. I ate lunch. I didn't check my email until after dinner. Amazing. And now I'm watching CSI.

Not an overly exciting day, but at least it was somewhat productive.

Plans for tomorrow... Target and A.C. Moore. More reading. Some scrapbooking. And then Game Night! Yay!

Hmmm... now what to do with Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment