Sunday, May 13, 2007

ugh... long day...

I prefer to use my Saturdays for sleeping in and relaxing. (Of course, my Saturday nights are reserved for partying, when the occasion arises.) Today, however, I had to be up super early (around 6 AM) to go to New York with my mother. We took a bus trip to see "Mamma Mia!" on Broadway. I'm not gonna go into detail about the show itself, except to say that it's absolutely wonderful and you should go see it right now. Also, we had spectacular seats. Orchestra section, ten rows from the stage, dead center. Couldn't ask for better than that. After the show, we walked around Times Square, ducking into souvenir shops to kill time, and then having a gourmet dinner at McDonald's (lunch was a fabulously filling meal at Domenico's, included in the cost of our trip), before finally boarding the bus for home.

After freshening up a bit, I hopped in the car and headed to the Eddington House, where I met up with Heather, Rich, James, Sarah, Jen and MK. It was karaoke night (whooooo!), so it goes without saying that good times were indeed had by all.

Highlights of the evening: Rich and Heather attempting to flip their cigarettes into their mouths, me discovering that the illustrious Corey Kastle can do my tongue trick, the drunk chick who danced (?) while her friends sang a Beatles birthday tune, Rich throwing a drink stirrer directly into my cleavage on the first shot , and the group singalong of the "Growing Pains" theme.

So now it's 3 AM and I'm finally starting to feel tired. A combination of the long day, the Coronas, and the fact that I should have been asleep hours ago. I never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment