Friday, July 13, 2007

Blogging from Sydney

Grrr... I just wrote a blog, and then I accidentally deleted it. I also wrote a blog from Perth, but it's not showing up. The house I was staying in used a dial-up modem, so that might have something to do with it. So here are the highlights of the Perth blog and the blog I just erased:

Perth (3 nights): Lots of fun. Stayed with a music teacher/artist named Helen... she was 53 and had long rainbow colored hair. Pics to follow when I get home.

Adelaide (2 nights): Cute little city. Stayed in a hostel. Went to Cleland Park and fed kangaroos! Took lots of pics.

Uluru (1 night): Camped out in little tiny cabins with the four boys I'm chaperoning. Saw amazing night sky, including Southern Cross, Milky Way, Saturn, Venus. Saw sunrise and sunset at Uluru-Ayers Rock. Learned about Aboriginal culture from real Aboriginal men.

Sydney (just arrived today): Walked to the harbour and took a ferry ride. Saw the famous Sydney Opera House. (WOW.)

The tour is now more than half over, which means I'll be home in about 8 or 9 days. I'm SO GLAD I decided to do this. I'm having an absolutely incredible time. I do miss home, but I haven't really been homesick. Thank God for the internet.

Hope everything is going well in the States! Happy birthday to Sammie and Joe! Sorry I can't be there to celebrate with you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment