Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bundaberg!

Well, this is officially the last leg of the trip. I'm in Bundaberg now. After Sydney, we took a bus to Bathurst (quaint, sleepy little town). Everyone stayed with a "billet," including the chaperones. I stayed with a great couple and their 17 year old son (she had two older boys who live elsewhere... damnit...). They had two dogs, a blue tongued lizard, twelve chickens and several birds. She was an amazing cook... I had fresh eggs for breakfast, laid by her own chickens the day before. Can't beat that! The boys' performance in Bathurst was their best so far. It was in a small church... but the people who were hosting us put up fliers and talked us up on the radio, so the church was packed. They said it was amazing to see so many people out on a Monday night in the middle of winter. And our boys knocked their socks off. It was awesome.

From Bathurst, we took a bus back to Sydney, where we flew to Brisbane. We stayed there for two nights and then today we took the bus to Bundaberg. Bundaberg is famous for its sugar products, especially rum. I'm going to try to bring a bottle home so I can see if it's as good as everyone says it is.

Tomorrow we're headed for Lady Musgrave Island, in the Great Barrier Reef. We're taking a ride on a glass-bottom boat and then the boys are going snorkeling. I don't think I'm going to snorkel. I'm still getting over a head cold, and it's in the coughing stage now. But I'm sure the boat will be amazing.

Three more nights in Australia, and then I'm heading back to the States! I'll miss Australia... and the boys... but I can't wait to get home. I'll talk to everyone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment