Sunday, July 15, 2007

Still in Sydney

I'm still enamored with Australia... and with the delightful boys that I'm chaperoning... and with the immensely talented choir as a whole. But my feet are really hurting me. I have blisters in multiple places and my feet are sore from walking everywhere. I'm starting to seriously dislike my sneakers. I miss the rest of my shoes. In fact, I miss going barefoot. Can't really do that here, since it's winter and it's just a tad too chilly for bare feet.

I also have a minor head cold. It's slowly making its way around the choir. It started with a sore throat in Uluru and then I got congested somewhere between Uluru and Sydney. My left ear is blocked and my nose is running and I've got a small cough. Nothing serious, but it's enough to make me slightly uncomfortable.

Tomorrow we're leaving Sydney (so soon???) and taking a four hour bus trip to Bathhurst, where we'll spend one night. I've heard that everyone is being "billeted," including the chaperones, which means I'll be staying with an Australian family.
The boys I chaperone are all with their billet families now, and the older boys are enjoying a night out. I'm meeting the other chaperones for dinner in about 15 minutes, so I figured I'd kill time on the computer.

Not sure when I'll be able to write again... but I'll be home exactly one week from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment