Saturday, September 22, 2007

Back to School

Well, it's almost the end of September already. I've only had my kids for eleven days. Eleven days doesn't sound like long at all, but apparently it was enough time to catch a cold from one of the little buggers. Not sure which one, but I'm sure they all had germs that contributed to this illness. It's of the runny nose, raw throat, coughing, sneezing, headache variety. (Basically all the symptoms covered on the NyQuil bottle.) It's not so bad that I have to call out of work, though. If I worked an office job or something like that, I would have called out. But it's just not worth the trouble of writing lesson plans for a sub. It's easier to go in and suffer quietly while trying to control a class of 22 energetic six year olds. They're cute kids, though. And smart, so far. No complaints yet.

Anyway. In other news, my new obsession is a little show called "Heroes." I wanted to watch it when it started last season, but I missed the first few episodes and I never had the time to get invested in yet another show. ("Lost" was and still is my TV watching obsession of choice, and it requires diligent viewing to keep up with the storyline.) So Erin and Mike got season one of "Heroes" on DVD and kept talking about how good it was. They burned me a copy and gave it to me at the autism walk... which gave me about two weeks to watch 23 hour-long episodes before the season two premiere. Season two starts on Monday, and right now I'm watching episode 17. I knew it was a good show, but I didn't think I'd get hooked like this. I can't stop watching it. I just hope I can finish the rest of the season before Monday. Good stuff.

Okay, time for another dose of DayQuil.

No comments:

Post a Comment