Wednesday, October 17, 2007

festivities

Yesterday I hit a milestone... the big 3-0. I've officially been alive for three decades. If I were a rosary, I'd be more than half finished.

I started celebrating on Friday night, when I was persuaded to hang out at Rich and Heather's place with Karen, Joe and Dooner. We hung out til 3 AM (the usual time with that crew) having some drinks and munching some Doritos. Good times indeed.

On Saturday, I headed to West Chester to see Erin, Mike and young Mr. Henry. After a yummy Chinese dinner, we drove to Linvilla Orchard for an Autumn Moonlight hayride. After the hayride, we enjoyed apple cider and toasted marshmallows on the bonfire. When we got back to the house, we watched a few scary movies ("1408" and "Witchboard") while drinking warm apple wine and eating homemade apple pie from the orchard. It was a fun night filled with fun autumn-y activities. (I think the actual word is "autumnal," but I like the sound of "autumn-y" better.)

The next day was Rich's party. I hung out for awhile, but had to leave early for a family dinner... in honor of me! My mom cooked a delicious dinner for my birthday. It was only me, my parents, Doug and Jill for dinner. But later on, several other people came over for cake and ice cream... my aunt, my cousin and her two kids, Erin, Mike and Henry. My cousin's daughter Kait (the one Karen likes, lol) and her son Kyle (my godson) got me a Build-a-Bear for my birthday. It's a koala (because I went to Australia with Kyle) wearing Flyers gear. I LOVE it!!! It even has a helmet and skates! It is now sitting in a place of honor on my bookshelf, along with my Flyers beanie bear and my autographed puck. I also got some gift cards (Target, Great American), a Brita water pitcher, and a membership to BJs.

Last night, I had some company to help me celebrate my actual birthday. Joe came over first and entertained himself with my Magna Doodle until Karen and Dooner showed up. We watched a bit of the Flyers game while we pre-drank, and then we headed to the Ashburner. It happened to be trivia night, so we decided to try our hand at the game. We kicked ass in the second round, but overall, we didn't fare so well. But we had fun trying. Sam and Heather came later to join in the festivities, but Sam had to leave early with Dooner (something about them having to work in the morning... wusses... lol). Joe was in the mood for a shot of Jack, so him and Karen stopped by my apartment on the way home. I got to sleep at 1 AM and woke up at 5:45 AM. With a teensy hangover. But once I took a shower and some allergy pills, I felt better. And after I got some coffee in me, I felt MUCH better.

Mad props to Joe, Karen, Rob, Sam and Heather for driving, buying me drinks and food, and helping me celebrate. So far, being 30 isn't half bad.

Oh, and I almost forgot... THE FLYERS WON!!! 4-0!!! SHUT-OUT, BABY!!! WOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment