Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Something wicked this way comes...

'Tis the season! All Hallows Eve is upon us at last.

This past weekend was spectacular. (Even though I had to spend a large portion of it at my parents' house so I could dog-sit Tasha while my parents were away.)

Sam's mother's surprise party was on Friday night. I was in rare form. I had a long week and by the time Friday rolled around, I was all amped up and ready to party! I donned my costume (which was quite tactile... and garned a few comments) and danced my ass off. Prior to the party, I had decided not to drink too much. Enter Joe and Rich. Between songs, I headed to the bar for some water and was intercepted by the aforementioned gentlemen. Joe asked, "Wanna do a shot?" I replied, "Hell yes," without missing a beat... at which point Rich started cracking up. "What's so funny?" I asked. "Joe just asked me how he could get you to do a shot." Tee hee... like I need convincing.

Saturday was all about recovery... and I spent most of my morning in bed, sleeping off the mini-hangover. When I finally got out of bed, I did all my laundry, stained an unfinished bench that I bought for the apartment, walked the dog several times, and drove to Wendy's for a cheap and easy dinner because I was too lazy to cook for myself.

Sunday morning I woke up early, feeling more refreshed. I picked up Sam and we headed to Immaculate Conception Ukrainian Cathedral, where we met Tim and Michael for Mass (in Ukrainian!). It was a beautiful Mass, too. Brought back memories of going to church with my grandmother. After Mass, we drove to Port Richmond and had coffee and pastry at a little Polish bakery. That was followed by lunch at a hole in the wall bar/restaurant/discoteque. Homemade Polish food. It was out of this world. We split two plates of pierogies (some potato and cheese and some meat) as an appetizer, and I had kielbasa with fresh rye bread. Also, I tried some fabulous Polish beer. I was stuffed for hours.

And then it was Monday. Ugh. I got two days of work out of the way, and tomorrow is Wednesday! I'm psyched for Karen's party tomorrow. I get to wear my costume again and I'm bringing a treat. Jello shots! I decided to make some orange and some black. But first I had to figure out how to make black jello. It was an experiment... lots of bubble, bubble ... but not so much toil or trouble. I used black cherry flavored jello and put in a ton of food coloring. Now it's a very dark, deep purple that can pass as black. Oh, and I used vanilla vodka in the orange jello, so it'll taste like a creamsicle! Should be yummy.

And on that note, I best be going. See some of you tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment