Friday, October 19, 2007

my day

Our school had off today. To be completely honest, I'm not sure why. It has something to do with us having some optional days off and we got to pick when we wanted them. Someone suggested today and we voted yes. No holiday... no holyday... just a day off. It was blissful.

So here's how I spent my day:

I awoke rather early (around 8:30 AM) and showered. I went to the mechanic to get my oil changed... and I managed to read several chapters of a book while I was waiting. From there, I hit the Dunkin' Donuts drive thru, where I purchased a hazelnut coffee and a pumpkin donut (yay! finally!). I took my breakfast with me into Parkwood Hair Salon for my hair appointment. I was debating between leaving my hair long or cutting it a bit shorter, the way I used to wear it before I let it grow. Since I couldn't decide, Nat offered a suggestion... "Wanna try something different?" She explained what she wanted to do, and it sounded good. So I told her to go for it. (I trust her.) It's awesome. Short in the back and angled longer in the front (about chin length). When she finished, I got compliments from several people in the salon. Thanks, Nat!

After my haircut, I stopped at my parents' house to play with Tasha and pick up my mail. I also managed to catch an episode of "Full House" that I'd never seen before. (I didn't think such a thing existed...) Joey was playing in a charity ice hockey game and the opposing team's goalie had humilated him in a college game years ago. Joey decided to come back with a vengeance and score the winning goal, but Michelle didn't like "mean Joey." So he played nice for the first two periods, but then during intermission, he had a heart to heart with Michelle. He told her that sometimes hockey players have to act mean to win games. She gave him permission to be a meanie, and of course he scored the winning goal. Huzzah for Joey! Huzzah for Michelle!

Anyway.

From there I went to Oxford Valley Mall. I hit Barnes and Noble first, buying two Mo Willems books for the classroom (moms and teachers, if you've never heard of him... LOOK HIM UP NOW! He is amazing.) and two books for me ("Eat, Pray, Love" and "Love in the Time of Cholera"). Then I went clothes shopping. I found a few cute tops, a black skirt for Halloween, and some black fishnets (also for Halloween). I went to Hallmark and bought a crapload of cards for several upcoming birthdays and holidays.

Then I went home... and the rest of the night consisted of dinner, laundry and reading "People" magazine. All in all it was a busy but productive day.

And tomorrow - FONDUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment