Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I don’t know how it happened...

... but I've become one of THOSE people. I started Christmas decorating in November. UGH.

In my defense, it was a gradual process.

It all began when my parents came over on Friday. My mom brought me a decoration that she found in a closet that she wasn't planning to use. Sam and I put it up right away to see how it looked. And it stayed there.

On Saturday, I went shopping for an Advent wreath, but was disappointed with the selection and price of the ones I found in two different religious stores. So I headed to Michael's and bought a plain green wreath, along with some ribbon, some assorted Christmas picks and some craft wire. The result is a gorgeous homemade Advent wreath... much nicer (and a lot less expensive) than a store bought. I just need to get some candles and I'm all set!

On Sunday, Sam and I went grocery shopping. At Target, we found Christmas stockings (mine is red velour with a bejeweled "A"... I like me some bling!) and at the grocery store, we bought a real wreath... mostly because it smelled so nice. I jazzed it up with a homemade bow (with ribbon leftover from my Advent wreath project), and we hung it on the front door of our apartment.

Today I went to my parents' house for dinner. After we ate, I dug out all of my Christmas ornaments from storage and hauled everything back to my apartment, along with a Christmas tree that my parents are no longer using (they bought a pre-lit one a few years back). When Joe came over to drop off some coffee for me, I convinced him to help me carry all the boxes in... and then I further convinced him to help me move some furniture and assemble the base of my tree. Tee hee... thanks, Joe!

I wasn't planning to put the rest of the tree together tonight. In fact, I took several amusing pics of the tree in various states of disarray (involving some sloppy garland placement and a bottle of Jack Daniels). But after Joe left and Sam came home from CCD, I decided to put the other branches on the tree. And that's as far as I got. So now we have a naked tree in our living room. Eh... we'll get around to decorating it sooner or later.

And now, I'm off to bed. All this Christmas-ing has worn me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment