Thursday, November 29, 2007

When it rains, it pours

It's been quite a day. Actually, it's been quite a week. Let's make a deal... I'll give you the highlights of my crappy week, and you leave me comments offering sympathy and promises of booze. Sound good? Okay, then.

On Monday morning, I went to take a shower and discovered that we had no hot water. Apparently the tiny leak in the water heater had become a gushing stream. The landlord came out later to take care of it, but the cold shower I took that morning was NOT pleasant.

Yesterday morning I was trying to butter my morning bagel, and I knocked over my coffee mug. The coffee spilled all over the counter and all over my bagel. And there wasn't enough coffee left to pour myself another cup. Sigh. (The only bright side was that it was my regular Folgers, and not the baggie of good Colombian shit that I just got from my dealer.) I had to grab some coffee and breakfast at the BK Lounge, thus depleting my already meager funds for the week.

Last night my cell phone died, for no apparent reason. It was fine all day and all night... then I went to check the time and the screen was blank. I tried everything, but I couldn't get it to work. (Fortunately, it's still covered under warranty... and Verizon had my model phone in stock, so they were able to give me a replacement immediately.)

After school today, I tripped on the steps outside and fell forward onto the concrete. I skinned both knees and scraped up my hands... but luckily my face missed the ground by about half an inch. I saw it coming and threw my hands out at the last possible second. But now the muscles in my upper arms and shoulders are KILLING me. I fell pretty hard... and apparently, I'm not as young as I used to be.

And then I came home and had to bake cupcakes for a bake sale tomorrow. Not a huge deal... but it's just one more thing I had to deal with today.

Okay... to be honest, it wasn't an awful week. But I still want sympathy, damnit. Now deliver the goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment