Sunday, December 23, 2007

two more days!!!

I feel like Christmas should have been over weeks ago. I've heard every Christmas song ever written, my tree's been up since November, and my shopping is finished (except for the people I won't see til after Christmas). Our last day of school was Friday... the culmination of an extremely long week which included our school's annual Peace Vigil and our faculty party (I got a basket of Tastefully Simple stuff as my polyanna gift!). My computer desk is piled high with presents from the kids... this year's mug count is five (four with candy, one without), and I think I got a total of six candles. Boxes of candy made a surprising comeback (3 full sized, 1 medium, 3 mini). And the gift of the year award is a tie between a Yankee Candle electric tart warmer (shaped like a gingerbread house, came with a Cranberry Chutney tart) and a gift set including a picture frame and a tealight lamp (both decorated with brown glass mosaic tiles, matches my bedroom perfectly!).

I never got a chance to blog about last weekend, but it was awesome. And amazingly busy. Saturday morning I went to our school's Lunch with Santa at 11 AM, where I chatted with my kids and their parents, sold homemade crafts, and served hot dogs. From there I went straight to the First Presbyterian Church of Germantown to see the Keystone State Boychoir's Holiday Concert at 2 PM. The boys sounded wonderful (as always), and afterwards I stayed to say hi to my godson. I was also greeted quite enthusiastically by the boys that I chaperoned in Australia as well as several of the other boys who remembered me from the tour. It was great to see them all again! (I'm hoping to go on tour with them again next summer... all fingers and toes crossed...)

From there, I zipped home to get ready for the party! People started arriving promptly at 6 PM and after that it was a BLUR. Everyone showed up... family, friends, and about a zillion babies. My favorite part of parties like this is watching my friends mingle. People who don't know each other bond over the strangest things... like taking over the world, for instance... lol. Much alcohol was consumed (my personal favorites were the Bailey's Mint Chocolate and the Canadian Club), and everyone sampled the homemade coquito. Overall, it was the perfect party. Good food, good drinks, good friends, good music... I couldn't ask for anything more.

Happy Christmas Eve Eve to all! And to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment