Friday, August 1, 2008

One day at a time.

I thought I'd post with some updates, since I was pretty upset in my last blog. First and foremost THANK YOU to everyone who offered support, advice and money-saving tips. It was very much appreciated and helped remind me that I'm not the only one who's had to deal with this.

To that end... since my last post, I've been breathing a lot easier. I haven't experienced the headaches or anything in a few days, so that's a good sign. I made a few changes in the way I handle my stress, in the hopes of preventing any more panic attacks. Every night I take some "me-time" that doesn't involve thinking about money. It could be reading, watching TV, doing a survey, whatever. I also started making lists. I'm a list-maker by nature anyway. They make me feel more organized, which makes me feel like I'm in control, even if I'm not. And when I feel like I'm getting overwhelmed, I stop what I'm doing and take deep breaths. It works wonders.


My money situation hasn't improved drastically since last we spoke... but I'm dealing with it. I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be spending another year in the Catholic school (unless a miracle happens in the next two weeks), and I'm trying to get excited about the new school year. I'm getting into "teacher mode"... thinking about activities and projects for my new class. That keeps me occupied. Also, I've applied for some part-time work. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I could use the extra money.

Anyway, I'm gonna keep this on the short side for tonight. Again, thanks for talking me out of my tree. I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment