Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Sunday!

Hello, blogging world.

It's a dreary Sunday morning here - flat gray sky, misty rain. I managed to make the most of it by settling on the sofa with a mug of chocolate coffee and a freshly baked scone with clotted cream and homemade strawberry jam (compliments of the roommate). And a little Jeff Buckley for background music.

The New Year's goals are going well. I've been to Mass every week, I'm still decluttering, I've reached out to a few friends that I haven't talked to in awhile. I feel like I started the year with a rush of adrenaline... I was determined that everything would get done. Now I've kind of plateau-ed. I know that I'm working towards some big goals, but I can't get them all done at once. And some of my goals are easier than others.

Surprisingly, I've found the decluttering project to be the easiest and most fun for me. I think because it yields immediate results. As soon as I go through a file or a box or a drawer, I can instantly see the difference. However, the resolution about making better food choices is more difficult (as is evidenced by the scone and clotted cream, lol). I don't keep junk food in the apartment, with the exception of chips and salsa. We have leftover Christmas chocolate, but I'm not a big chocolate eater. I don't keep ice cream or soda around, and most of the Christmas cookies are gone. I think my main problem is starches and carbs... bread, bagels, pasta, pastry. I cut out white bread a few years ago, so that was a step in the right direction. I can't quite get on board with the whole wheat pasta, though. The texture is a little funky for me.

But anyway, it's progress. Things are getting done and I'm feeling a little better about myself.

Today I'm going to spend the afternoon at my best friend's birthday luau! Yep, a luau in January :) I'm excited about it. I even pulled a Hawaiian shirt out of my summer clothes storage for the occasion. It'll be a fun time: old friends and (yikes!) good food. And tomorrow is a holiday, so I get a whole day to do whatever I want! Can't beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment