Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hibernation

It's February and I'm still blogging! Wow! Sometimes I amaze myself.

Philadelphia has been a mess of snow, ice, slush and cold puddles for the past 2 weeks. Driving is a bitch, finding a parking spot is even worse. It's just easier to stay home and wait for spring.

Today one of my co-workers told me that she feels like she's been hibernating. I totally know the feeling. She said all she wants to do lately is sleep and eat... she's perfectly happy to be curled up on the couch watching TV.

I had 4 1/2 days off from work thanks to snow and the weekend... after the first full day, I started to get a little antsy. I've been fluctuating between wanting to veg out and wanting to be super active. My days off went something like this: sleep late... eat big breakfast... dig out car... shovel & salt... sit around watch TV and snack... get super ambitious and clean my room... stay up too late watching episodes of "Big Love" on DVD... walk 4.5 miles using wii game... take nap... go to Blackthorn concert to drink and dance my ass off for 3 hours... lay around my parents house being lazy with the dog... get ridiculously organized and pack all necessary items for work week.

Total roller coaster. It was nice to have the days off, but I'm really glad to be back on schedule. I function better when I'm on a normal schedule.

By the way, the groundhog didn't see his shadow today... so maybe we'll get an early spring after all. That sounds awesome right about now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment