Monday, December 26, 2005

happy day after christmas to you!

So, Christmas is over. And now I can sit in my pajamas all day and do absolutely nothing, because I deserve the break, damnit. I had the longest week ever. On Tuesday, I swore it was Wednesday... on Wednesday, I thought it felt like Thursday... by Thursday, I just didn't give a shit anymore. I had full days of work from Monday-Thursday... and if you have a six year old (or just know one), you know how excited they get about Christmas and Santa and presents and everything else that goes with it. Imagine 19 six year olds. For 4 1/2 days. Holy crap.

Thursday night was our school's annual Christmas show, which meant an extra long day for me. My kids were cute as hell (of course), and the show was great, but I was exhausted by the end of the night. That didn't stop me from going out with Erin to Whiskey Tango to see a kickass cover band. We met up with Karen, Rich, and Gina... and Kay was there, too! I had way too much to drink, resulting in a wicked hangover Friday morning. Dealing with six year olds whilst hungover is NOT a good idea. Thank God it was a half day - I don't know how Erin got through a full day with her 6th graders. She's a trooper. :-)

Last night Doug and I headed over to Kay's for her Christmas karaoke party. I kicked some ass. (Well, I think so, anyway, and that's all that counts.) I would've smoked my last song ("How You Remind Me") if it wasn't for my "backup singers." I need to go get a Play Station so I can buy the karaoke game and throw singing parties.


And the week ain't over yet: I've got another night out, another party, and New Year's Eve in New York. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment