Saturday, December 17, 2005

who needs sleep?

I had a crazy week. And then I had a crazy weekend. This has been the story of my life for the past few weeks, and I fear next week will be no different.

After teaching a full day on Thursday, I had to stay for parent conferences from 4-7 PM. On Friday, we had conferences again from 9-11 AM, followed by our faculty Christmas party. Got home at 3, baked four dozen cupcakes for Lunch with Santa, did some laundry, and went to Karen's Christmas party.

(Brief notes about party, for those who did not attend: much alcohol was consumed, old jokes and high school memories were revisited, inappropriate text messages were sent, and a good time was had by all. Got home at 4 AM, and woke up at 8 AM. With a wee bit of a hangover.)

This morning, I went to our school's Lunch with Santa. The cafeteria was filled with kids ranging in age from 6 months to 12 years... and oh my GOD, the noise... Not exactly the place a person with a hangover and 4 hours of sleep should be. So needless to say, I was exhausted when I came home. I pretty much did nothing tonight. Threw in some laundry, put on a movie, slept through most of it.

So it's 8 days until Christmas. Is everyone ready? I'm not. I have to finish shopping and start baking. I need to decide what to give my first graders for Christmas. I have to wrap my presents. So much to do, so little time. I'm not a fan of the hustle or the bustle. But the holly and the jolly I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment