Wednesday, May 10, 2006

dress addendum

So, I was going to post comments to respond to the people who voiced opinions about my dress dilemma (thanks for the advice, by the way!), but then I got another call from the bride-to-be. She said that she was on the David's Bridal website again, and she found two other dresses that she likes better... and they're both currently on sale! One is $80, the other is $100. They both come with wraps. The first one she picked out was $110, but she wanted us to wear shawls with it, which would be an added expense.

Aside from the decent price, the plus side is that I like both of these dresses MUCH better than her original choice. The skirts aren't as fitted and they will most likely be pretty flattering.

Possible downsides - one dress has spaghetti straps, the other is strapless. I HATE my arms, but I'm willing to overlook that because a) I like both dresses and b) they both come with shawls. Also, she's not sure how long they'll be on sale, so we may have to move fast on this. Like, within the week. And the wedding isn't untl next April.

But anyway, it seems like my dress crisis is over. Wasn't much of a crisis, really. I didn't even get a chance to complain about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment