Tuesday, May 30, 2006

party... party... party...

Here is it... the Readers' Digest Condensed Version of the Memorial Day Parties.
The first party was Rich & Heather's on Sunday night. The cliffnotes: lots of food, lots of beer, dirty dice (mostly just rolling and laughing at the combinations - like "slap toes" and "lick ear"), scary garden statue, Sharpie marker tattoos. Good times indeed. Plus, Erin drove me, so I got drunk. Woo-hoo!


On Monday, Doug & I party-hopped (we're the uber-popular brother-sister sing-along duo... we get invited to all the good parties). We went to Ray's barbecue first. Lots of fun. In addition to the cool things that were already at the house (pool table, horseshoes and slot machine), one of the guests saw fit to make a trip to Target (source of all goodness) to buy a Slip 'N Slide. Hey, it's not a party until someone takes a running bellyflop onto a wet piece of plastic, right? Unfortunately, Doug & I had to leave just as the party was getting into full swing. Damnit. I was up next for beer pong, too. I totally would've lost (Kay was kicking serious ass), but I was ready to give it the ol' college try. Next time... next time...

After a brief stop at Dunkin' Donuts to refuel with a Coolatta , we were on our way to Phoenixville, where Doug's friend Jim was having a barbecue. It was a small gathering, consisting mostly of Jim's old friends. After about an hour, the sing-along began. Doug & Jim traded off bass & acoustic, performing originals and covers. I joined in with some singing and some percussion (in the form of a shaker-egg).
We finally made our way back to the good old Northeast by 11 PM... just enough time for me to crawl into bed and try (unsucessfully) to get a good night's sleep. Needless to say, I was exhausted all day today.

And now I'm looking forward to the next party - who's having it??? Let's go, people, it's summer! Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment