Sunday, June 3, 2007

phooey on my stomach

Went to a totally impromptu gathering at Karen's tonight. My stomach had been feeling slightly queasy most of the day, but I chalked it up to the stress of my week (recovery from my party, work, work, work, Australia chaperone meeting, work, work, shopping, getting together scrapbook and gift for principal's farewell party), which was capped off by the extreme stress of yesterday (principal's going away party, which was both fun and emotional), mixed with the ridiculous humidity we've had for the past few days and the random amount of snacky foods I ate yesterday at said party (all sorts of creamy dips, chips, hot dogs, beer - a combination of foods that my delicate stomach is not used to). But after dinner and a shower, I felt pretty good and was ready to go drink at Karen's. Or so I thought.

I had downed two beers and one shot that was watered down with ginger ale, when my stomach began to hurt again. I was pretty much non-responsive and half-comatose for a good three hours of the night. I toyed with the idea of going home, but I didn't feel like getting up or driving. So I sat there looking pathetic while everyone else got buzzed and had a good time. Karen found me some Saltines and Joe poured me a very flat ginger ale... and after awhile, I began to get my strength back. Which is when I decided that I absolutely needed a shot. I had two shots of Jack Daniels (watered down with Coke) and then felt much, much better. I managed to stay and hang until 2:45 AM.

After I felt better, I was able to enjoy some of the fun.... like having my tarot read by Karen (the tarot says I'm gonna have a long-term relationship with an honest man... but only after I have a wild, meaningless fling! Woo-hoo!!!), making Dooner a Saltine and grape sandwich, and watching Karen's neighbor do apple pie shots for the first time. There was good music (George Michael, A-ha, Herbie Hancock and a little "Wild Rover"), good snacky food (even though I mostly ate Saltines) and good company. And of course, good pics. They'll go up tomorrow. I can't be bothered with that shit now.

Anyway, it's just after 3 AM and I'm wide awake. I must've gotten a second wind somewhere after the JD shots. I think I'll get in bed and watch some of my "Will & Grace" DVD until I fall asleep. Thank God for a/c and no work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment