Thursday, August 2, 2007

karaoke, and other things

Last Night

I went to karaoke at the Roadhouse with Heather, Karen, Joe and other assorted people. With my last blog (and all of the comments it garnered) in mind, I dressed in something that made me feel good. It was comfortable and flattering (a rare combination) and I decided not to give a crap what anyone else thought of it. Karen said I looked cute. Joe mistook the floral print of my shirt for camoflauge and decided he wanted to take me hunting. As there happened to be a fair amount of cleavage showing, I used it to my advantage at the bar, and got served before a man who had clearly been waiting longer than me. Score! I also had a ten dollar bill thrown into my cleavage... which was partially my fault, because I folded it into a paper football and left it on the table within Joe's reach. Damn men and their obsession with football. And boobs, lol.

Some of the evening's other highlights... The bar was serving the new Miller Chill, which is AWESOME. It's my new summer beer. Also, Justin's boyfriend Chris got extremely drunk... which resulted in him looking me dead in the eye and saying, "I like your face. Wanna make out?" Good Lord, I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard. As always, the downside of the Roadhouse is that it's filled with smoke. I can't wait til they pass the no smoking law in Bensalem.

Today

I met up with Heather, Karen and Sam at Starbucks for coffee and conversation. We told Sam about the Roadhouse. She told us about Ireland. I told her about Australia. Good times, good drinks, good company.

From there, Heather and I went to lunch and then got our hair done by Nat. While we were there, Sam came in with Lucas. He got so big... the last time I saw him, he was only a week old. Now he's three months! He's quite the flirt, too. He kept smiling and laughing at all the ladies. I took a pic of him with my cell phone and sent it to Erin and Henry. Erin sent a pic of Henry back in response. Babies are just too cute!

Currently

Just finished eating dinner (leftovers from lunch) and now I'm going back to work on my Australia scrapbook. I was having a creative block earlier, so I don't have much done yet. It's my goal to finish it before the end of the summer, because I know people at work will want to see it.

And that's what's goin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment