Wednesday, August 15, 2007

randomness from me

Just a few things that are going through my head at the moment. Indulge me.

1. I really, really, really want to go on the TV show "The Singing Bee." It's the karaoke type show where you win money for knowing song lyrics. I am Rainman when it comes to music. I win big every time I play along at home.

2. I finished one book today and then I started and finished another book. (It was a short one... just over 100 pages.) Now I can't figure out what to read next. I have to get our next book for book club, but in the meantime, I need something else to read. Which brings me to my next random thought...

3. After MK, I have the next pick for book club. I can't decide if I should pick a book that I haven't read yet, or a book that I already read and I want other people to read. I went through my bookshelf today and pulled off books that are on my "to-read" list. There are at least 3 that I think would be good for book club. But then again, there are SO many good books that I've already read that I want to introduce to other people. Tough call.

4. It's Back To School time!!! Now that my vacation and my party are out of the way, my mind automatically goes into School Mode. I'm surfing the web, looking at teacher resource sites, or better yet, other teacher's classroom webpages. I get most of my ideas that way. I'm planning projects in my head and making lists of things I need to buy or remember for this year. Soon I'm gonna start having dreams about my classroom and about former students. I guess I should venture back into the classroom next week and start getting things ready.

5. Which means I need to start going to bed earlier than 3 AM. It's not even like I sleep late... I'm usually awake between 9 and 10 AM. Once school starts, I'll have to be up around 5:30 AM and in bed no later than 11 PM. That will be quite a shock to the system. I should ease back into it slowly over the next few weeks... hmmm... we'll see.

6. And finally... I think it's amusing that I posted a bitchy blog about how guys don't notice me in bars, and it got 18 comments. A few days ago, I posted a lovely blog about things that make me happy, and it only got 2 comments. Squeaky wheel gets the oil, huh?

Hope everyone's having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment