Friday, November 25, 2005

the aftermath of turkey... and other adventures

It feels like Sunday, but it's only Friday. That's freakin' sweet.

I've been taking full advantage of my time off from work. Wednesday was a half day, so I had some time to do laundry and relax before heading out to see Jealousy Curve. They were amazing. This is only my second time seeing them... but I think I appreciated them a lot more this time, because I've been listening to their CD since the first time I saw them. I knew more of the songs, so I was able to sing along like the crazy ol' groupie I am. (Just kidding. I'm no groupie. But I do *heart* musicians.)

I gotta say... even though JC was awesome, the bar was a nightmare. It was kinda ratty and dingy and squalid... and very crowded. I had to literally elbow my way to the bar when I needed a beer refill. And the bathroom situation was ridiculous. Three toilets. Total. In a place where alcohol is consumed in mass quantities. And, oh yes, let's not forget the steps that one has to use to get out of the bar. Whose bright idea was it to make the drunk people go down the steps?

Ray and I had some navigational difficulties on the drive home (in the snow, woo!), but we managed to get home without incident. (By the way, Ray, we needed to take 476 south instead of north to pick up 95. Oh well.) I got home at around 2:30 AM and the first thing I did was settle myself in bed to watch that night's episode of "Lost," which I had taped. Or so I thought. Turns out, I screwed something up, and it only taped the first ten minutes of the show. I was PISSED. But I figured out that I could download it, so I did that tonight. I'm gonna watch it as soon as I'm done typing this.
Today my mother and I went to the movies to see "Rent." I was totally unimpressed. I'm not big into movies to begin with, but I figured, you know, it's a musical and everyone raves about it. But honestly? It was depressing, the music was just okay, and it was way too long for my taste. I want my $6 back.

Tomorrow is going to kick MAJOR ASS. Flyers game in the afternoon, and an UpFall/In Theory show at night. The Flyers won today, and I'm expecting big things from them tomorrow. They'd better not disappoint. And as for the bands... well, they never disappoint. And I heard a crazy rumor that In Theory has something extra special up their collective sleeves. (I have an inside source...)

Okay, I can't wait anymore. I need to go watch "Lost."

No comments:

Post a Comment