Sunday, November 20, 2005

*cough*

I have a sore throat. It sucks. I don't have a fever or a headache or even a cold. Just a sore throat. And I have to teach tomorrow. I'd call out, but we only have 2 1/2 days of school this week, due to the Turkey Day festivities. It's just not worth it.

Anyway.

Rumor has it that there is a shit-load of local rock happening this week/weekend. For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE fan of the rock. And local rock... well, that's a new passion of mine. If I can swing it, my plans for this week will be as follows:

Wednesday - Jealousy Curve
Thursday - Turkey Day
Friday - Fooling April
Saturday - Flyers game (woo-hoo!), UpFall/...In Theory
Sunday - (much needed) day of rest

Should be a good week.

Last night I went out for a friend's birthday. We went to a restaurant/bar in Bensalem (a total dive, but sometimes they're the most fun). It was karaoke night, and it was also some guy's 80th birthday party. Know what that means? Lots of old people singing Tony Bennett. It was... interesting. But we had a good time. Then Pat showed up and bought us shots of Jaeger. Yay for Pat! Yay for shots! Needless to say, the "entertainment" was a lot more entertaining after that.

The group I was with tried in vain to convince me to sing karaoke. I would have considered it, if not for the sore throat. But I'm not much for singing in public. Anyone who saw me at our last house party saw how I avoided the mike at all costs (that is, until I was too drunk to notice/care). And I've been known to stay away from Ray at ...In Theory shows for fear that he'll stick the mike in my face (as he's wont to do). I've never done karaoke in my life. Ever. One of these days, perhaps.

Gotta jet. My laundry beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment