Tuesday, November 15, 2005

grrrr...

I had a paper & a presentation due tonight for my grad school class. My partner and I met 4 different times (twice on a Saturday, once during our Fall Break, when we had the week off from class, and once before class last week) to work on this project. We exchanged a few phone calls and countless emails. We turned in a 7-page paper, and gave a 20-slide presentation, complete with a 5-page handout, 2 video clips, 3 overheads, and a hands-on group activity. It was quite impressive, if I do say so myself.

It took us about half an hour to present, but it would've been 10 minutes shorter if the professor didn't keep interrupting us to put his two cents in. Then, right toward the end of our presentation, he LEFT THE ROOM to return the TV/VCR. I was appalled. We kept talking, though. Damned if I'll stop so he can run errands. We were the last group to present tonight, so class was over as soon as we finished. Because of his constant interruptions, class ran 5 minutes over, which I'm sure pissed a few people off.

And then, the icing on the proverbial cake: Before we left, he gave us back our graded paper and the grade for our presentation. Lemme get this straight... he somehow managed to read a 7-page paper, grade it, and give his full and undivided attention to our presentation, all in the space of 25 minutes? I don't think so. We did all that work, and all we got for it was a few check marks on the paper, and a comment that said "nice use of powerpoint" for the talk we gave tonight. Bullshit.

We got an A, though.

But still. This professor really gets on my nerves. Course evaluations are next week. I can't wait to write about him. Fucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment