Sunday, November 27, 2005

I wanted to do this hours ago...

... but I didn't.

I have a MAJOR report to turn in for grad school and it's due Tuesday. It's part of a reading assessment I've been working on all semester. I have to write a case study and organize everything in a binder and hand it in and hope to God that I didn't fuck anything up. Kinda stressful. I don't think it'd be half as stressful if our professor were just a tad more helpful. But there's not much I can do about that.

So when I woke up today (after getting FOUR hours of sleep), I wanted to get on here and blog my lil ol' heart out. (It's addictive, damnit!) But I didn't. I spent all day working on my project... in between doing laundry and checking my email (not procrastinating, waiting for something from a friend in the same class). The project's not quite done yet, but I thought it'd be okay to take a blog-break.

Last night was crazy. I've never seen Street Road Bar & Grille so packed! It was like everyone and their mother (and father, and sister, and cousin) showed up to see UpFall and In Theory. I feel like I spent all night socializing. I must have talked to everyone at one point or another. I don't think they could've asked for a better crowd. As per usual, the music was kickass. I totally dig UpFall's new covers, and I LOVED the comeback of the Trio Medley!!! Hands down, my favorite UpFall song. And as for In Theory... well, what can I say? Those boys rock hard core. They played all my favorites (although I was promised a surprise cover, which never happened). And I'm all about their new originals, especially "What I Want." That's the shit, man! They need to get that up on their myspace profile so I can hear it again!

It goes without saying that the alcohol was flowing freely. I had several beers, as well as two shots of Jaeger: one with the UpFall boys before their set, and one with Dan... just because I thought he could use one. Jaeger does a body good! And it also goes without saying that the evening ended in the wee hours of the morning at the fabulous GA. There's nothing quite like quoting Dane Cook and debating the merits of standardized testing over a plate of french toast at 4 AM. Good times.

It was a great way to end my Thanksgiving break. Unfortunately, it's time to get back into work-mode. I agree with Sharon - we should have off for Thanksgiving Monday (much like Easter Monday). We could all use an extra day to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment