Tuesday, February 21, 2006

bygones

Not feeling fabulous about myself today. It's been a rough day. I don't like starting my work week on a Tuesday, because I only have 4 days to cram in 5 days of teaching (and keep in mind that last week was also a 4 day week, so I'm still playing catch-up). The kids were all riled from having a long weekend. One boy in particular (who I firmly believe was put on this Earth to give me gray hairs) gave me an especially difficult time. I wasn't prepared with the copies I needed, and I didn't have everything planned out as well as I would have liked. Bygones. I'm not dwelling on it, but just understand that I left work feeling drained and not very accomplished.

On to class... I truly enjoy this class, so it wasn't any great hardship to sit through a 2 hour lecture. At the end of class, I got a project back. I spent a Very Long Time working on this project, and when I got it back I discovered that I made a very stupid and careless mistake. (I used the wrong score to calculate 4 other scores, so I wound up getting those 4 scores wrong.) I got an 8.5 out of 10 possible points. I know that 8.5 is nowhere near failing, but it really bummed me out. It was something that could have been avoided, and for some reason, I overlooked it. Despite the fact that I checked my numbers 3 times before I handed it in.

So, I'm just not feeling so great about myself.

Bygones. I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment