Saturday, June 30, 2007

my friends are awesome :)

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Australia. Since I'll be gone for three weeks, I decided to plan a semi-impromptu night out at the bar for last night. I emailed the gang and we all met at Ashburner's for food, drinks and kick-ass music. It was the most fun I've had at a bar in a long time. First of all, EVERYONE was there! Sam, Karen, MK, Rich, Heather, Michael, Tim, Inara, Steph, and Dooner all came to hang out. And two of Tim's friends showed up later. The only people missing were Mike and Erin (understandably), but Erin called and sent texts and Mike sent me adorable phone pics of Henry and Leo. So they were there in spirit.

The Ashburner was Rich's suggestion, and it turned out to be a great one. There was no cover and the drinks were dirt cheap ($2 bottles of Coors Light during the Phils game!). The crowd was pretty decent, the DJ rocked and there was plenty of room for everyone to hang out and even dance. I definitely wanna go back there again.

I can't quite put my finger on what it was that made the night so awesome. It just seemed like everyone was in a great mood and having a great time. Inappropriate text messages were flying, drinks were flowing, and everyone was laughing. It felt like one of those nights where everything worked out perfectly.

Props to Sam and Dooner for buying me beers (even though one got punched when an attempt to hug me went horribly awry), to Heather for sharing her pizza and to Miguel for suggesting a movie (that I promise I'll watch when I get back!). Oh, what the hell... Props to everyone who showed up. You guys rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment